Mike Kagee Trend Bureau

Mike Kagee Trend Bureau
"Who Made Your Clothes"

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF STEFANO GABBANA AND DOMENICO DOLCE BY MIKE KAGEE

THE WONDERFUL WORLD
OF STEFANO GABBANA
AND DOMENICO DOLCE
BY MIKE KAGEE

AFTER NEARLY THREE DECADES
AT THE TOP OF THE FASHION
LADDER THE ITALIAN DESIGN
TEAM DOLCE & GABBANA
ARE STILL CREATING WAVES

MIKE KAGEE FOR WORLD FASHION TRENDS

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

STYLEDIARY1
CLICK ON TO LINK
ABOVE TO FOLLOW




    My first hand experience of watching
    a Dolce&Gabbana fashion show was
    in 2008 at the Viale Piave24 in Milan
    For me it was a dream come true.
    Besides the hype of front row and
    the theatrical experience it was being
    able to see the duo Stefano 
    Gabbana and Domenico Dolce
    in the flesh, it was like I had seen
    them before, they looked the same
    as in photograph, no different.



    The dynamic duo of Italian fashion
    are still the leaders of fit and fashion
    Besides being the winners of major
    fashion awards, a photographic
    book called Campioni featuring
    a series of portraits of the most
    promising soccer players of this
    decade, a luxury watch collection
    and more.


   
  DOMENICO ON STEFANO GABBANA
     
   My portrait on Stefano Gabbana is
   because he is a unique person in my
   life.We have known each other for 
   32 years It is very personal and there
   is never any anger between us as we
   know each other too well, that is why
   we could continue to work together
   after we split up.
   I know the person behind the person,
   and that is real love.
   He can still suprise me, however.
   This is important to love the job we
   do together as it is so nice to be
   suprised everyday so that everyday
   is a new day. And I love the new day.
   Domenico Dolce


  
    STEFANO ON DOMENICO DOLCE

  "Dolce&Gabbana are not one-
    we are very different"
   Three quarters of Domenico Dolce
   wants to explore new places and to
   develop new ideas, while the 
   remaining quarter of his personality
   is true to his roots.
   I am exactly the reverse, for example
   he has a house in New York but I 
   could never leave Milan.
   He looks to the future whilst I look
   to the past,when he came to Milan
   he re-invented himself and I was born
   here and have always lived here so 
   I did not need to change but it is
   the balance between the two of us
   that makes DOLCE & GABBANA
   By Mike Kagee
       


No comments:

Post a Comment